Insurance quotes, policies and service for Colorado or Denver automobile parts accessories retail and wholesale stores
Our Colorado insurance agency agency helps independent, chain or franchise auto parts businesses involved in retail, wholesale, and repair find affordable insurance to meet their needs. We provide general liability, property insurance, workers comp, commercial auto, garage liability, and other coverage tailored to the needs of your auto parts company. Please contact us to discuss insurance for your entity.
Below we have outlined information that will help keep your insurance premiums from rising substantially. The details will assist your company to manage risk and avoid potential claims that are common for your industry. If you are involved in the repair of vehicles including sales and installation of tires, please visit our garage liability page for more details.
- Protection of the property include separate storage of flammable materials
- Theft of property is a concern – alarms, guards, lighting, fencing and other protections should be considered
- Employee theft –keep ordering and inventory as separate employee responsibilities and procedures to monitor inventory
- Money regularly collected from cash drawers and moved to a collection area and preferably a safe
- Coverage to meet the terms of your lease and to protect the premise from slip and fall claims
- Stock items should be on shelves that are easily accessible to customers
- Customer areas should be kept tidy to avoid slip and fall claims
- Parking lost and sidewalks in good repair and snow/ice should be promptly removed
- Proper disposal of batteries, oils and fuels to prevent environmental damage
- If employees operate company vehicles MVRs should be ordered at least once per year
- Vehicle maintenance including the refrigeration should be planned and well documented
- Implement driver safety procedures and planning
- Hired non-owned auto should be considered if employees use personal vehicles for errands or other busienss
- Common injuries for employees include back injuries, sprains and strains from lifting.
- Provide safety training including proper handling techniques for loading and unloading
- Proper training for any employees involved in auto repair or installation of auto parts
- Driver training to avoid accidents
Please let us know if you have questions on the information above. Orcutt Insurance Group has been providing insurance policies, service and advice in Colorado since 2004. We are looking forward to speaking with you.
Thank you for your consideration.
The Orcutt Group Team