Orcutt Insurance group can help your Colorado or Denver independent welder or welding business find affordable insurance. We will be able to provide general liability, inland marine, workers comp, commercial auto and other coverage tailored to the needs of your construction company. Please contact us to discuss insurance for your arc welding, gas welding, resistance welding, energy beam welding or solid-state welding company.
Below we have outlined information that will help keep your insurance premiums from rising substantially. The details will assist your company to manage risk and avoid potential claims that are common for your industry.
- Welding operations should be conducted away from any flammable property
- Extra gas tanks should be stored upright in a cool area separate from the welding area
- Fire extinguishers and other measures should be in place to avoid fire risk
- Special precautions to keep welding operation separate from other contractors, customers or the public
- Welding areas should have an established, maintained and monitored clear safety perimeter when operations are being performed
- Quality control and full compliance with all construction, material and design specification is necessary
- Consider coverage for construction materials in transit and contractors equipment owned or rented
- Portable welding equipment that leaves the primary location including weld gun, tanks, and protective equipment needs to be insured under this type of policy
- Proper safety procedures to protect materials and equipment in transit and at the job site
- Securely store equipment at job site to avoid theft and vandalism
- Age, training, experience, and drivers records should be included in hiring process
- Order MVRs for employees at least once per year
- Vehicle maintenance should be planned and well documented
- Implement driver safety procedures and planning including loading, tie-down and unloading
- Provide safety training including proper handling techniques for loading and unloading and job site safety procedures
- Eye protection and protective gear and clothing is mandatory
- Adequate ventilation if welding done in a confined space
- Driver training to avoid accidents
- Bid, Contract, Payment, Performance, Maintenance, License and Permit or any other bond
Please let us know if you have questions on the information above. Orcutt Insurance Group has been providing insurance policies, service and advice in Colorado since 2004. We are looking forward to speaking with you.
Thank you for your consideration.
The Orcutt Group Team