Orcutt Insurance group can help your Colorado or Denver plumber or plumbing contracting business find affordable insurance. We provide general liability, inland marine, workers comp, commercial auto and other coverage tailored to the needs of your plumbing company. Please contact us to discuss insurance that will cover all of your operations including residential, commercial, and inside or outside of buildings.
Below we have outlined information that will help keep your insurance premiums from rising substantially. The details will assist your company to manage risk and avoid potential claims that are common for your industry.
- Secure storage of materials that may be exposed by weather or common targets of theft
- Proper storage of flammable and hazardous materials
- If piping and welding is done at company facilities these operations should be separated to minimize fire exposures
- Safety procedures to secure the job site should be in place to avoid injuries to other contractors and customers
- Excavation safety procedures in place to avoid damage to underground pipes and other utilities
- Quality control and full compliance with all construction, material and design specifications are necessary
- Proper record keeping including work orders and change orders will aid the claim process
- Environmental concerns from disposal of old debris
- Coverage for company and employee tools and ladders
- Copper, cable and wiring transported to and at the job site should be properly secured
- Theft controls in place for storage at shop and job site
- Coverage for rented or leased equipment
- Age, training, experience, and drivers records should be included in hiring process
- Order MVRs for employees at least once per year
- Vehicle maintenance should be planned and well documented
- Implement driver safety procedures and planning including loading, tie-down and unloading
- Provide safety training including proper handling techniques for loading. unloading, use of ladders and other equipment, and job site safety procedures
- Driver and equipment training to avoid accidents
Please let us know if you have questions on the information above. Orcutt Insurance Group has been providing insurance policies, service and advice in Colorado since 2004. We are looking forward to speaking with you. Please visit our construction insurance page for more information.
Thank you for your consideration.
The Orcutt Group Team