Orcutt Insurance Group will help your Colorado marijuana manufacturing and cooking business with all of your insurance needs. As the industry evolves the insurance companies and products available for your business evolves as well. We will work with our partners to find affordable insurance that meets the specific requirements of your cannabis entity. Please contact us to discuss insurance and your marijuana growing operation.
Our agency provides general liability, product liability, excess liability, property, crop, equipment breakdown, workers compensation, hired non-owned auto, and any other insurance product you may need.
As a manufacturer of marijuana products there are some unique insurance needs and risks that will need to be addressed through the insurance products we offer including equipment used in the manufacturing process, safety related items involved in the production, and coverage for product while at your location and out for delivery. A few questions that will need to be addressed include:
- Do you uses open flame or frying in the cooking process?
- Does your establishment have a UL-300 automatic sprinkler in place for the cooking area?
- Do you manufacture the complete product?
- What equipment do you use in the production process? What is the approximate value of this equipment?
- Have you had a product recall? Do you have a product recall plan?
- What quality and loss control procedures do you have in place?
- What type of security do you have at your location? (alarms, cameras, guards, etc..)
- Who transports your product to your customers?
There will be additional items captured on an application that we need you to fill out but the above gives you a good idea of what we need to get the quoting process started. Ideally we would like to start working with you a few months before your current insurance policy period ends. If you are a new business we would prefer have the insurance policies ready to go a month or two before you start operations. Please have a copy of your current insurance policy when you contact us to discuss insurance and your business.
Please visit the following pages for additional information on our offerings for the marijuana industry:
- Importance of products and completed operations coverage
- Additional insured on your partners policies
- Cannabis business insurance overview
- Cultivation and harvesting insurance
- Dispensary insurance coverage
We are looking forward to working with you.
Thank you for the opportunity.
The Orcutt Group Team