Overview of Workers Compensation Insurance for Colorado Business Owners
- Does my Colorado business need work comp?
- As an owner of a Denver business do I have to purchase workers compensation insurance?
- Overview of construction business and work comp
- If I pay individuals as 1099 contractors do I need to provide workers comp?
- If I am an out of state employer with Colorado employees how do I purchase a policy?
Below are a few of the workers compensation pages and links published by our local independent agency that address the questions above and additional common work comp customer concerns. The linked pages will help your Colorado or Denver business understand workers compensation and many of the related issues associated with this state mandated coverage. Please contact Orcutt Insurance group to discuss work comp and your business.
Workers Compensation Info:
- Information on Colorado’s state mandated program
- What does your business need to provide us for a quote?
- Owner opt out information
Specific Work Comp Links:
- 4 steps to creating a workplace safety plan
- Audit Advice
- Certification of sub contractors policies
- Colorado construction contractor work comp issues
- Colorado Cost Containment Certification links and instructions
- Creating a safety culture
- Does your company need coverage?
- Employer guide from Pinnacol
- Experience modification factor (EMOD or MOD) – what is it?
- First 24 hours of the claim process
- How to keep your MOD low
- Independent Contractors
- Loss runs – what are they and how to track them down
- Non-compliant audit advice
- Out of State Employers Work Comp Policy
- Posters in the workplace
- Reducing workers compensation costs
- Tips to save on premium
- Verify if a company has work comp in place
- Warning signs of fraud
- Work comp and a growing business
Thank you for your consideration. Please contact us for workers compensation quotes, policy, or advice. We are and independent insurance broker that can help with any of your insurance needs.
The Orcutt Group Team