COI or Certificate of Insurance – What is it and How To Track One Down
An insurance certificate is a document issued by an insurance company/broker that is used to verify the existence of insurance coverage under specific conditions granted to listed individuals. More specifically, the document lists the effective date of the policy, the type of insurance coverage purchased, and the types and dollar amount of applicable liability.
As a Colorado or Denver business you may be required by business partners or your customers to provide evidence of insurance coverage. Orcutt Insurance Group will provide you with this document within 24 hours of request. In order to speed up our processing, please obtain the following information:
- Name of your business
- Insurable interest – what is insured doing for company requesting certification
- Name of business or individual requesting the certificate
- Address of business or individual requesting the cert
- Email or fax for business or individual requesting the cert for delivery
- Project or Reference # (please forward copy of contract if available)
- Does the business or individual wish to be listed as additional insured, loss payee, or mortgagee?
- Waiver of subrogation required?
- Coverages Required – General Liability, Auto, Umbrella, Property, Workers Compensation, Other
- Comments or any special requests
Please let us know if you have questions or need anything. Also, please remember that Orcutt Insurance Group can help you with any of your business insurance needs.
Thank you for your consideration.
The Orcutt Group Team