Insurance Quotes, Policies, and Service for Colorado Manufacturers
Orcutt Insurance group can help your Colorado or Denver manufacturing business find affordable insurance designed for your unique business. We provide general liability, property insurance, workers comp, commercial auto, manufacturers E&O, equipment breakdown and other coverage tailored to the needs of your manufacturing company. Please contact us to discuss insurance for your entity.
Below we have outlined information that will help keep your insurance premiums from rising substantially. The details will assist your company to manage risk and avoid potential claims that are common for manufacturing businesses.
- Keep electrical wiring, machinery and equipment well maintained to avoid fire, property, and equipment breakdown claims
- Store flammable liquids and solvents adequately and separate from other materials
- Fire extinguishers and fire alarm system should be in place. Sprinkler system would be preferable
- Burglar alarm with security cameras, fencing, outdoor lighting and security guards should be considered
- Welding, cutting, or spray painting should be performed in separate areas with safety precautions in place
- Inland marine insurance to cover forklifts, property in transit and other mobile equipment
- Proper controls, warnings and testing in place during manufacturing and on final product to ensure quality
- Testing and other quality controls in place for new products
- If tours of the plant are given, have them guided with off limits areas clearly marked
- Insurance designed to cover third party (customer) loss from manufacturing errors
- Proper ventilation and disposal methods in place to avoid air, water and ground exposure
- If responsible for delivery and pick up of materials, employees DMV records should be checked on an annual or semi-annual basis
- Implementation of driver safety plan
- Hired non owned auto coverage to cover employees using personal cars in the course of business
- Proper safety procedures in place to avoid injuries from machinery, chemicals, trimming or cutting
- Strong safety program in place along with appropriate safeguards for the work being handled
- Safety clothing, eye wear, gloves and other protective devices should be worn by employees
- Adequate Training for employees involved in repetitive motion duties (lifting for example)
Please let us know if you have questions on the information above. Orcutt Insurance Group has been providing insurance policies, service and advice in Colorado since 2004. We are looking forward to speaking with you.
Thank you for your consideration.
The Orcutt Group Team