Insurance Quotes, Policies, and Service for Colorado Distribution Business
Orcutt Insurance group can help your Colorado or Denver distribution business find affordable insurance designed for your unique operations. We will be able to provide general liability, property insurance, workers comp, commercial auto and other coverage tailored to the needs of your distribution company. Please contact us to discuss insurance for your entity.
Below we have outlined information that will help keep your insurance premiums from rising substantially. The details will assist your company to manage risk and avoid potential claims that are common for your industry.
- Protection of the property at the warehouse including proper storage, fire walls, up to date wiring, fire alarm and sprinklers
- Theft of property is a concern depending on the property stored and distributed – alarms, guards, lighting, fencing and other protections should be considered
- Inland Marine – to cover goods in transit
- If refrigeration is required, units must be well maintained with back up power recommended
- Mobile refrigeration units must also be well maintained and plans in place if one or more units fail
- Employee theft –keep ordering and inventory as separate employee responsibilities and procedures to monitor inventory
- Do vehicles have logos and names of manufactures? Do vehicles have alarms? Are vehicles left unlocked and unattended when unloading?
- If customer pick up is provided a separate marked pick up area is preferred
- User friendly loading docks with safety procedures in place
Automobile Liability Insurance
- Order MVRs for employees at least once per year
- Vehicle maintenance including the refrigeration should be planned and well documented
- What is the radius of operations?
- What is the procedure for drivers involved in an accident?
- Where are vehicles stored when not in use?
- Implement driver safety procedures and planning
- Common injuries for employees include back injuries, sprains and strains from lifting.
- Provide safety training including proper handling techniques for loading and unloading
- Driver training to avoid accidents
Please let us know if you have questions on the information above. Orcutt Insurance Group has been providing insurance policies, service and advice in Colorado since 2004. We are looking forward to speaking with you.
Thank you for your consideration.
The Orcutt Group Team