Colorado Business Property Insurance Claim

Property Insurance Claim ColoradoWhat should your Colorado or Denver company do if you have a potential property insurance claim? Below is some advice from a Colorado independent insurance agency that you should find useful if your building or property is damaged or stolen.  Please contact us to discuss property insurance and your company.

In the event of damage to your building or contents:

  1. Protect the property from further damage:
  2. Call the proper authorities and utilities (gas, electric, telephone).
  3. Take photos of the damage before having emergency repairs made, such as boarding up windows or covering holes in the roof.
  4. Call Orcutt Insurance Group to report the loss.
  5. Call a contractor to estimate the building damages.
  6. Separate damaged contents from undamaged contents. Do not discard any items until the claims adjuster gives you the authority to do so.
  7. Keep records of expenses if you are forced to temporarily relocate your business.
  8. Do not authorize repairs until the claims adjuster has given you the authority to do so.

After we report the claim to the insurance company, the claims adjuster will:

  1. Contact you by phone or mail to discuss the loss
  2. Arrange for an appraiser to inspect extensively damaged property
  3. Assist you with your choice of contractors to make the repairs
  4. Contact you for a settlement

For more information on Colorado property insurance please visit our property insurance overview page. The link includes an overview of the product, information needed to provide a quote and other info we feel any Denver or Colorado business should find useful.

Thank you for your consideration.

The Orcutt Group Team