Colorado Business Auto Claim

Business Auto Claim info DenverWhat should your Colorado or Denver business do if you or one of your employees has an auto accident? What should you do if a company vehicle is stolen, damaged, or vandalized? Below is some advice from a Colorado independent insurance agency that you should find useful.  Please contact us to discuss commercial auto insurance and your company.

In the event of an automobile accident:

  1. Report the accident to the police.
  2. Obtain information about the other people involved in the accident such as:
  3. Names, addresses and phone numbers
  4. Insurance company
  5. Type of vehicle
  6. Auto and driver’s license numbers.
  7. Have your vehicle towed to the nearest repair shop if the vehicle is not drivable. Do not authorize repairs until the claims adjuster gives you the authority to do so.
  8. Call us to report the accident.

In the event of a windshield, vandalism or theft loss:

  1. Report the vandalism loss or theft to the police.
  2. Call us to report a loss.

After we report the claim to the insurance company, the claims adjuster will:

  1. Contact you to request details of the accident and repair estimates
  2. Arrange for an appraiser to inspect the damages of vehicles that are not drivable or extensively damaged
  3. Contact you for a settlement
  4. Deal directly with the others involved in the accident

You should not talk to others involved in the accident, but refer them to your claims adjuster.

For more information on Colorado commercial auto insurance please visit our business auto overview page. The link includes an overview of the product, additional information on accidents and your employees, auto safety plans and other info we feel any Denver or Colorado business should find useful.

Thank you for your consideration.

The Orcutt Group Team