Orcutt Insurance group can help your Colorado or Denver door or window installation contracting business find affordable insurance. We will be able to provide general liability, inland marine, workers comp, commercial auto and other coverage tailored to the needs of your construction company. Please contact us to discuss insurance that will cover all of your operations including installation and repair of doors and windows.
Below we have outlined information that will help keep your insurance premiums from rising substantially. The details will assist your company to manage risk and avoid potential claims that are common for your industry.
Liability Insurance – Course of Construction
- Safety procedures to secure the job site should be in place to avoid injuries to other contractors and customers
- Protect openings from weather and unwanted entry to the job site
- Quality control and strict compliance with all manufacturer and design sepecifications
- Proper record keeping including work orders and change orders will aid the claim process
- Special attention to exterior sealing to avoid moisture, mold and other weather related damage.
- Consider coverage for construction materials in transit and contractors equipment owned or rented
- Clear wording in contract on responsibility for windows and doors at job site, during delivery or while in storage
- Age, training, experience, and drivers records should be included in hiring process
- Order MVRs for employees at least once per year
- Vehicle maintenance should be planned and well documented
- Implement driver safety procedures and planning including loading, tie-down and unloading
- Provide safety training including proper handling techniques for loading and unloading and job site safety procedures including use of ladders and scaffolding
- Driver training to avoid accidents
- Bid, Contract, Payment, Performance, Maintenance, License and Permit or any other bond
Please let us know if you have questions on the information above. Orcutt Insurance Group has been providing insurance policies, service and advice in Colorado since 2004. We are looking forward to speaking with you. Please visit our construction insurance page for more information.
Thank you for your consideration.
The Orcutt Group Team