Colorado Flat Work and Foundation Concrete Contractors Insurance
Orcutt Insurance group can help your Colorado or Denver concrete foundation and flatwork contractor business find affordable insurance designed for your unique company. We will be able to provide general liability, inland marine, workers comp, commercial auto and other coverage tailored to the needs of your construction company. Please contact us to discuss insurance for your contracting entity.
Below we have outlined information that will help keep your insurance premiums from rising substantially. The details will assist your company to manage risk and avoid potential claims that are common for your industry.
Liability Insurance – Course of Construction
- Operation of heavy machinery at job site or yard require controls including spotters, signage and barriers where appropriate
- Detailed procedures to determine location of utilities and research of the land prior to beginning the project
- Safety barriers and fencing may be needed until the project is complete
- Quality control and full compliance with all construction, material and design specification is necessary
- Document customer specification, work orders, change orders and inspection with written acceptance by customer
- Consider coverage for construction materials in transit, contractors equipment owned or rented, and valuable paper or records
- Proper safety procedures to protect materials and equipment in transit and at the job site
- Securely store equipment at yard and job site to avoid theft and vandalism
- Age, training, experience, and drivers records should be included in hiring process
- Order MVRs for employees at least once per year
- Vehicle maintenance should be planned and well documented
- Implement driver safety procedures and planning including loading, tie-down and unloading
- Provide safety training including proper handling techniques for loading and unloading and job site safety procedures
- Driver training to avoid accidents
- Bid, Contract, Payment, Performance, Maintenance, License and Permit or any other bond
Please let us know if you have questions on the information above. Orcutt Insurance Group has been providing insurance policies, service and advice in Colorado since 2004. We are looking forward to speaking with you.
Thank you for your consideration.
The Orcutt Group Team