Insurance Quotes Policies and Service for Colorado General Contractors
Our local independent insurance agency provides insurance for Colorado and Denver General contractors of any type. Whether you do the work yourself, sub out 100% of the work or somewhere imbetween we have numberous insurance partners that will provide coverage to protect your business and meet contractural obligations.
We offer general liability, inland marine, workers comp, commercial auto, pollution/environmental liability and other coverage tailored to the needs of your general contractor company. We can also help you obtain a wrap or OCIP policy to insure the entire construction project. Please contact us to discuss insurance that will cover all of your operations including remodel and new construction of single or multi-family family homes, residential, industrial, warehouses, apartments, commercial, and retail.
Below we have outlined information that will help keep your insurance premiums from rising substantially. The details will assist your company to manage risk and avoid potential claims that are common for your industry.
- If materials are stored offsite fencing, lighting and other security measures should be in place
- At the job site proper fencing, storage, and security is required.
Liability Insurance – Course of Construction
- Safety procedures to secure the job site should be in place to avoid injuries to other contractors and customers
- Adequate communication of safety procedures and policies for all contractors and subcontractors
- Separate areas for welding, storage of flammable materials, and controlled access of the job site
- Quality control and full compliance with all construction, material and design specifications are necessary
- Proper record keeping including work orders and change orders will aid the claim process
- Verification of certificates of insurance for all subcontractors including adequate limits and addition insured with completed operations
- Coverage to protect your business from pollution and other environmental risks excluded in your general liability policy
- Consider coverage for construction materials in transit plus contractors equipment and tools owned or rented
- Builders risk policy to cover the property in the course of construction including the existing structure if a remodel
- Age, training, experience, and drivers records should be included in hiring process
- Order MVRs for employees at least once per year
- Vehicle maintenance should be planned and well documented
- Implement driver safety procedures and planning including loading, tie-down and unloading
- Provide safety training including proper handling techniques for loading and unloading and job site safety procedures including use of ladders and scaffolding
- Use of guards, steel-toed shoes and eye protections should be worn while working
- Driver training to avoid accidents
- Verification of workers compensation coverage for all subcontractors including owner opt out confirmation
- Bid, Contract, Payment, Performance, Maintenance, License and Permit or any other bond
Please let us know if you have questions on the information above. Orcutt Insurance Group has been providing insurance policies, service and advice in Colorado since 2004. We are looking forward to speaking with you. Please visit our construction insurance page for more information. If your company specializes in a specific trade please visit our contractor insurance page for insurance specific to your expertise.
Thank you for your consideration.
The Orcutt Group Team